I’m so pleased to be joining in with the 20 or 15 or 10 Books of Summer challenge hosted by Cathy at 746books, it’s just the excuse I need to pick up some of the titles that have been looking at me from my TBR pile.
The challenge is to read the chosen titles between June 1st and September 1st and I’m completely buying into the relaxed atmosphere by only signing up to read 10 and thinking that even these could change as the weeks go by.
- Summer by Edith Wharton
- The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield
- Maurice by E.M. Forster
- Gilead by Marilyn Robinson
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker
- The Far Cry by Emma Smith
- Swann’s Way by Marcel Proust
- Calamity in Kent by John Rowland
The Sussex Downs Murder by John Bude
- The Lake District Murder by John Bude
- The Female Man by Joanna Russ
Looking at the list now The Female Man looks a bit out on a limb, Science Fiction is not usually my thing at all, but there we go. I wouldn’t be surprised if they all turn into British Library Crime Classics anyway!