I’m so pleased that Adam at Roof Beam Reader has resurrected the TBR challenge. The rules are simple, just choose twelve books that have been on your shelf for a year or more and read them. Two more emergency titles are added, in case there’s a dud in the initial 12!
Unlike my 10 Books of Summer challenge (which took me until December, although I loved it and plan on doing it again this year, thanks to Cathy at 746 books!) I’ve been quite successful with this one in the past and love that it gets me to pick the books up from the box at the end of my bed and actually read them.
Here’s my list to read in no particular order:
- A Time of Gifts by Patrick Leigh Fermor
- A Moment of War by Laurie Lee
- The Lark by E. Nesbit
- The Cornish Coast Murder by John Bude
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki.Murakami
- Wheels within Wheels: The Making of a Traveller by Dervla Murphy
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- The Exiles Return by Elisabeth de Waal
- Every Eye by Isobel English
- Checkmate to Murder by E.C.R. Lorac
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Frost in May by Antonia White
And two more just in case:
- Did You See Melody by Sophie Hannah
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
I’m glad that there’s some non-fiction here as my reading has been taken over by fiction for what seems an age, there’s nothing that looks terrifying but I’m going to allow myself to make changes if I want to as the year goes on – but only from my book shelves of course!