Happily RoofBeamReader has announced the TBR Pile Challenge for another year! The aim is to read 12 books that have been gathering dust over the next 12 months.
My list in no particular order:
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift (August)
- Heat Wave by Penelope Lively (July)
- The Lady and the Little Fox Fur by Violette Leduc (November)
- The Beautiful Summer by Cesare Pavese (July)
- Death in Spring by Merce Rodoreda (April)
- The Green Road by Anne Enright (July)
- Heartburn by Nora Ephron (March)
- The Cherry Tree by Adrian Bell (May)
- Silver Ley by Adrian Bell (April)
- Young Anne by Dorothy Whipple (May)
- Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (February)
And two alternatives, just in case:
All of these look like great reading to me. Gulliver’s Travels is a book I’ve always meant to read, but keep putting off and I really don’t understand why it’s taken me so long to get around to Birdsong!